PDA

View Full Version : Gov Eyewear System (G-EyeS) deployed reorders

HMC-FMF-PJ
07-09-2008, 07:59
Government Eyewear System (G-EyeS)
https://g-eyes.amedd.army.mil

This site allows authorized personnel in deployed locations (Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait and other APO/FPO zip code specific areas) to re-order prescription glasses, gas mask inserts (GMI) and MCEP prescription lens carriers that were previously ordered through a US Military Treatment Facility or US Military Computer System (Spectacle Request Transmittal System (SRTS)). Replacement eyewear will be mailed to the individual's deployed address.

The need for personnel to travel through hazardous areas outside the wire for eyewear orders and pick-up will be all but eliminated through the use of G-EyeS. Dangerous, logistically difficult, lengthy and time-consuming round-trip conveys just for prescription eyewear should become a thing of the past.

You must be at a deployed APO/FPO to complete the G-EyeS ordering process. Military Combat Eye Protection (MCEP) is a unit issue item. Please see your unit supply representative first for new devices and/or parts. However, you may re-order your MCEP prescription lens carrier via G-Eyes.

Due to limited optometry assets in theater, it is important to obtain a current eyewear prescription prior to deploying. Eyewear information should include include the pupillary distance, which is the distance between the centers of the pupils of each eye. Having the correct pupillary distance
ensures that the optical centers of the lenses will line up properly over the warrior’s pupils. Glasses made without the individual’s correct pupillary may be poorly aligned and induce discomfort, distortion, or headaches.

Some information is not required, but it is helpful in ensuring that the warrior receives properly fitted glasses. This information can be found on a previous DD 771. If not supplied, the lab will substitute information as needed. This information includes:
() Frame eye and bridge size. [The bridge is the piece of eyewear that connects the lenses over the nose.]
() Frame temple length and type. [Temples are the arms of eyewear, running from the lenses to the ears.]
() Segment height [for multifocal prescriptions only].

paul.e.dean
05-13-2009, 15:33
what can i do to open the page for reordering my glasses?i am in iraq and need new ones ,but the browser always says cant display page.

can you help?

V/r
SSG Dean , Paul
USA

05-13-2009, 19:33
SSG:

What is the exact error message you are seeing?

I received:

Secure Connection Failed

g-eyes.amedd.army.mil uses an invalid security certificate.

At the bottom of the error message, it shows a link "Or you can add an exception…" Click that link on your screen, which will then show an icon "Add Exception". A pop-up box will appear and you select, "Get Certificate" and click Confirm Security Exception. The website should open up at that point.

Let us know if it worked or not.

joeshmo
05-26-2009, 21:50
every time i try to open the g-eyes web page i get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. i have tryed several times and with several different computers but keep getting the same thing?????

SGT Simon, Jeffrey
Iraq

05-26-2009, 22:56
every time i try to open the g-eyes web page i get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.

Sergeant, try using a different web browser such as Firefox.

HMC-FMF-PJ
05-27-2009, 04:20
Are you using one of the MWR computers or an official computer in a workspace? Can you adjust any of the security settings? It sounds like your browser is not accepting the site's security certificate. Have you contacted your IT shop or resident computer guru? Do you have a CAC and valid PIN?

I just visited the site from my home PC using IE and it opens just fine...

=======
https://g-eyes.amedd.army.mil/Default.asp

Let’s try to find your previous U.S. Government prescription lens orders.

1. As we move to the next page, you will be asked to enter your SSN and deployed APO/FPO address.

2. Once that is done, you will press the "Submit" button to initiate a search for your previous military eyewear prescriptions.

3. If any prescriptions are found, the server will permit you to send an order request to the nearest optical fabrication laboratory. Once received, the optical laboratory will complete your order and send it to you through the military postal system.

4. Please do not order glasses or inserts unnecessarily.

5. Your spectacle frame may be changed due to inventory at the optical lab. Gas mask inserts and MCEP prescription lens carriers will not be changed.

6. You are authorized to order two items per visit to this site. As needed, you may return to this site to order additional spectacles and inserts for your Combat Eye Protection. If you request a pair of glasses, the order will be filled in our most basic civilian frames (LO350 or LO801) because these fit beneath MCEP goggles. After you receive your first pair of civilian style frames from this site, additional orders for glasses will be changed to the brown S-9 spectacle.

7. It may take up to three weeks to receive your order due to demands on the Military Postal System.

8. If the server cannot find your prescription, you will be given further instructions.

We need some information.
Fill in your full Social Security Number.
Enter SSN again to ensure you typed it correctly
Enter the APO/FPO zipcode where the glasses are to be delivered.
Press the Submit button to submit your request to the server.

mgregson
04-01-2010, 09:23
just like all military websites,takes forever to come up.i have been working on it for awhile.

DanM
04-01-2010, 11:21
There is nothing wrong with the website. You must be outside of the states with questionable internet connection.

I tried the site and was at the sign-in page in less than 10 seconds,but since I am not active duty,I can not sign in.

HMC-FMF-PJ
04-02-2010, 04:29
The delay is most often with your connection and network traffic. It is incredibly frustrating how slow things seem to go at times.

Some people make matters worse by becoming impatient and clicking all over the computer screen or hittting keys on the keyboard. The network is clogged and the CPU is max'ed out but the impatient user some how thinks giving the computer a whole bunch of new commands to execute will magically speed things up....

But I'm a little off subject...

I just visited the site and it popped right up.

sanford.thornton
02-16-2011, 13:51
G-eye.amedd.army.mil is no user friendly, when trying to reach the site, it keep going to Corpsman site as the chief.

DanM
02-16-2011, 14:00
Maybe if you had checked the Command site,you would see the system is down at this time.

http://www.med.navy.mil/sites/nostra/Pages/default.aspx

tact.medic
08-05-2012, 12:28
bringing this back- just checked it from Uganda (on my hotspot 3 hours from the capital) and works great......